Wednesday, June 1, 2011

35 Weeks!

Only 5 weeks to go!!!  Tomorrow we begin our weekly check-ups and will have the latest vital signs for our little baby girl.  As of 2 weeks ago my weight gain was 11 pounds.  Lots of water and walking is the key ladies!!!   Being overweight to begin with might have been part of it too...

We are very ready for her to be here.  I'm only uncomfortable at night when I'm sleeping, and sometimes if there's a Braxton-Hicks when she's at just the right spot.  Indigestion has been tolerable with the help of Tums, and so far no ankles have swollen.  My blood pressure has also been good, with no signs of pre-eclampsia so far.  It was a concern since I was overweight before the pregnancy and my blood pressure was inching higher than my normal levels.

Here is a picture of the baby's wall above her bed.  It is a vinyl sticker on a textured wall... Not easy to put on.

The following 2 pictures do not do these quilts justice.  The one on the left is from my sister-in-law Chrisi.  She made it while awaiting her own bundle of joy, Trent Colby, who was born on May 25th.  The second quilt is by a beloved and long time family friend.  Both are amazing and perfect for my summer baby girl.  We'll get a LOT of use from both of them.







On a side note: No one knows how to make a girl feel prettier than her daddy.  Thanks for always telling me I look so good Dad!  All this tummy makes it hard to feel pretty, even on my good days!  I love being pregnant, so hopefully I'll get the opportunity again sometime soon, but we've got to get this little girl out safely first!  So, for Haley and Sara, here's the latest pictures of my not-so-cute baby bump.... I got this shirt yesterday and thought it was cute, but now I feel like I look like a marshmallow w/o makeup. :-)



Until tomorrow!!!!

1 comment:

Sara Moon said...

Yeah! I love it. I can't wait until she is here. Jason will have to kick me out of your house! I'm glad my daily blog stalking has paid off..keep cool enjoy all of these last few weeks.