Well, there have been many things going on in our household this past week! I've completed the shopping and shower organizing for the baby's room. She now has a ribbon holder used from my friend Teresa's ribbon on her gift. I also got made some great purchases. I found a cool hanging clothes rack for $6 from Target, floating shelves from Heather's sale, and the thrift store for a total of $4, and used some tule from Cheri's gift wrap to make a "cloud" on the wall. The car seat base is in my car, and I have all her newborn clothes washed and hung or folded. We're ready!!! Now we just need little girl to make up her mind to come early! I wanna meet her!
Every night is different. Sometimes I sleep well, but then my dh (dear husband) doesn't, vice versa, or we both sleep poorly. We know... this is just how it works from now on. But at least I won't have the extra weight on my tummy keeping me from sleeping comfortably... that extra weight will be in the baby bed! :-)
Bathroom Wall Project:
This afternoon I went to my room to retrieve my glue guns so I could make a project for the bathroom wall but met wax on my floors, so I made a 2.50 purchase of a new glue gun, but it was well worth it....
It's a long story. I have been looking for bright yellow pictures to put up in the blue bathroom since I painted it our first year together. Since I was unable to find affordable pictures, I bought cheap frames (which I painted white), and pictures at Walmart, ick. I soon tired of those and took them out of the frames and left the frames hanging on the pretty blue wall. I expected i would take my own photographs to put there... but never did. Then, this morning, for some reason, I decided I'd just glue some small yellow flowers onto the frames and leave it at that. Here's where Jace will start to feel sick.... When I got to Wally-world I saw these HUGE sunflowers and got the idea to just glue the huge flowers to the wall inside the frames!!! It would be so beautiful!!! SOO that's what my intention was... but by the time I got ready to start hot-gluing the flowers to the painted bathroom wall, concern for Jace's blood pressure, and common sense, hit me. Hot glue might peel off of the walls at school, but not the plaster at home...
I found an alternative. I had a long ribbon from someone's wedding or baby gift stored away. I KNEW it would come in handy sometime! I glued the ribbon to the frames, then the flowers and presto...
The result is below. Yes, my arrangement of the frames isn't very creative, but we're not moving it... plaster is too damn hard to nail into and they're staying put for now.
I'll update pictures of the room once the shelves are up on the walls... that could be tonight's project.
Thanks for checking in!!!
Every night is different. Sometimes I sleep well, but then my dh (dear husband) doesn't, vice versa, or we both sleep poorly. We know... this is just how it works from now on. But at least I won't have the extra weight on my tummy keeping me from sleeping comfortably... that extra weight will be in the baby bed! :-)
Bathroom Wall Project:
This afternoon I went to my room to retrieve my glue guns so I could make a project for the bathroom wall but met wax on my floors, so I made a 2.50 purchase of a new glue gun, but it was well worth it....
It's a long story. I have been looking for bright yellow pictures to put up in the blue bathroom since I painted it our first year together. Since I was unable to find affordable pictures, I bought cheap frames (which I painted white), and pictures at Walmart, ick. I soon tired of those and took them out of the frames and left the frames hanging on the pretty blue wall. I expected i would take my own photographs to put there... but never did. Then, this morning, for some reason, I decided I'd just glue some small yellow flowers onto the frames and leave it at that. Here's where Jace will start to feel sick.... When I got to Wally-world I saw these HUGE sunflowers and got the idea to just glue the huge flowers to the wall inside the frames!!! It would be so beautiful!!! SOO that's what my intention was... but by the time I got ready to start hot-gluing the flowers to the painted bathroom wall, concern for Jace's blood pressure, and common sense, hit me. Hot glue might peel off of the walls at school, but not the plaster at home...
I found an alternative. I had a long ribbon from someone's wedding or baby gift stored away. I KNEW it would come in handy sometime! I glued the ribbon to the frames, then the flowers and presto...
The result is below. Yes, my arrangement of the frames isn't very creative, but we're not moving it... plaster is too damn hard to nail into and they're staying put for now.
I'll update pictures of the room once the shelves are up on the walls... that could be tonight's project.
The more and more I look at it,
the less I like the far right picture's position, but like I said....
we aren't moving it... for now.
Thanks for checking in!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment