Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesday at Oshkosh

Hello! Thanks for checking in! Today I didn't get many pics taken. We looked at Piper, Cessna, Rans, Vans, Cubs and other planes, but none of them made me think to take a pic. I was so interested in what we were looking at and talking about that I completely forgot to stop.

Sooo, because there weren't many pics taken today so I've added one from yesterday. It is now a nightly ritual that one Iowa Linden log or Iowa Maple log be passed out to each individual person. That way, we all have a part in the grand fire that takes place in Scott's chiminea.
Jace is displaying his log for the camera...

Tonight, Scott and Steve purchased a block of ice. I was just trying to capture the impressive moment when they got everything moved out of the way so the block would fit nicely into their cooler.

The guys having a drink after returning from a hot day. As John put it, "It just hits the spot."

And I know this isn't a plane, but it was like nothing I'd ever seen in real life before.....
This is a Millennium coach. Inside are 3 more TVs (there's one in the pic below that comes out of the side of the vehicle), granite flooring, real wood cabinets, leather furniture, a bedroom bigger than the one we sleep in at home, a very nice queen size bed, a full fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, kitchen sink, microwave, a very nice big shower, and a VERY fancy "bathroom" sink... oh, and I shouldn't leave out the bidet/toilet. That was just the stuff I caught from the lady giving a tour to someone who looked interested in buying it. I should have taken pics of the inside. Unreal.
First thing in the morning we all went to listen to Bud Anderson and Jack Roush talk about the "Old Crow" P-51 mustangs that they flew/own. Very interesting. Google them if you don't know who they are. It's quite interesting. I took a pic just to pass the time since I really wasn't able to see much standing up. (I'm sitting under an F-4 something.)


Well, that's all for now. Sorry I didn't take many pics today! Keep us in your prayers tonight so that we don't have so much rain that our day tomorrow is horribly wet!

Thanks and God bless!
Love to all,
Des

No comments: