Monday, April 20, 2015

Time flies when...

October... That was the last time I took time to write. That's too long. I couldn't possibly go into everything we've done since then, but I'm guessing you could catch up on the "all-knowing" Facebook. We had an excellent Christmas and New Year.

In January and February I was blessed with the opportunity to teach an 8th grade science class for 8 weeks and loved every second of it, especially the paychecks that came afterward. We celebrated Joel's 2nd birthday and in April we celebrated Jason's 42nd. Psalm Sunday and Easter were wonderful and we recently took a trip to Branson to have some time together while the children played with their Papa and Meme at the lake. We have had blessings of challenges, trials, happiness and joy. We praise Him in everything, even when we just don't get it or understand, which is hard for some people to understand, but that's just how things are around here.

In March I was given the opportunity to try out a new position at TranscribeMe.com. My job is to generate leads for the sales team. It's been interesting and fun - learning how different companies and businesses actually operate is pretty cool. I will always be glad of new chances to earn a little extra while staying home with my kiddos so I'm prayerful that this will work out, but it's amazing how difficult a goal of just a few hours of work (in a 24 hr period) can be. I imagine that's part of the reason I've abandoned the blogging. If I've got time to sit at the computer, I really should be working too.

Alayna sailed through pre-school screening with flying colors and is excited about her educational future, but we've not decided for sure what that is going to look like. Time will tell. Joel is learning colors, letters, and words for everything he sees. I'm trying to teach him signs, but he's not interested yet, but Alayna is absorbing it like a sponge, as always. It's a joy to be such a huge part of their learning. I couldn't do this without the blessing of my groom. He's my hero, my Boaz, my rock, my grounding force, my reality check, and the love of my life.

I'm learning to bake with wild yeast, learning to develop organizational techniques for our possible homeschool situation, and learning how to plan meals for the week. As it turns out, sending the wife to the store with a $$$ goal in mind is actually helpful. In order to meet that goal, I have to plan the meals ahead of time, make a very specific grocery list (which we usually do together), and inventory the food on hand.  Shopping this way reduces my stress level when trying to figure out what to make each day, and keeps DH from having to answer any questions about what he wants for dinner every night.

For now, back to baking. I've got some sourdough to make for the week.

I'll try to post some pictures once I figure out this new setup on the Mac.... I can't seem to access my photos from iPhoto when I want to post or share. No worries, just have to take time to do it, which I don't always have believe it or not.

As always, thanks for checking in!

For my faithful and courageous husband: So Small

No comments: