Yes. Any child.
I'm not sure you are aware, or if I have spoken of it before, but we are considering homeschooling our two children. The process of deciding has lead me to research as much as possible about the pros and cons of homeschooling, public schooling, private schooling, and various other types of "schooling".
I attended an informative meeting for one type of co-op homeschooling and met a couple marvelous ladies. The director for the area pulled out a book titled Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child, by Cheryl Swope, a Missouri gal. She has seen, first hand, the impact of this book in the lives of children she is surrounded by and who are in her own family. I immediately recognized the cover of the book as something my friend Kelly had shown to me and suggested I read, but also as something I had long forgotten.
Let me tell you what, after reading the Preface and Introduction, I'm captivated and compelled to encourage you to read it, especially if you are an educator: special, regular, at-risk, home, or otherwise. The book is written at the request of the author's daughter, Michelle, who has more "disabilities" than one person could label. This young lady is already making an impact on me and hopefully, while I continue reading, I'll learn from her and be equipped to help other children who have struggles as well. In Cheryl's own words (p.23): This book is my response to Michelle's simple request: "I want my story to help other children."
May God continue to bless her richly!
Thanks for reading and I hope to get back to you soon!!! Seriously check out this book!!!
I'm not sure you are aware, or if I have spoken of it before, but we are considering homeschooling our two children. The process of deciding has lead me to research as much as possible about the pros and cons of homeschooling, public schooling, private schooling, and various other types of "schooling".
I attended an informative meeting for one type of co-op homeschooling and met a couple marvelous ladies. The director for the area pulled out a book titled Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child, by Cheryl Swope, a Missouri gal. She has seen, first hand, the impact of this book in the lives of children she is surrounded by and who are in her own family. I immediately recognized the cover of the book as something my friend Kelly had shown to me and suggested I read, but also as something I had long forgotten.
Let me tell you what, after reading the Preface and Introduction, I'm captivated and compelled to encourage you to read it, especially if you are an educator: special, regular, at-risk, home, or otherwise. The book is written at the request of the author's daughter, Michelle, who has more "disabilities" than one person could label. This young lady is already making an impact on me and hopefully, while I continue reading, I'll learn from her and be equipped to help other children who have struggles as well. In Cheryl's own words (p.23): This book is my response to Michelle's simple request: "I want my story to help other children."
May God continue to bless her richly!
Thanks for reading and I hope to get back to you soon!!! Seriously check out this book!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment