So God's laid some things on my heart lately, though they've been in the back of my mind for months, probably from the videos I have stacked about 11 high on my TV - How am I teaching my children to understand that the food on our table, pillow under our heads, and roof keeping us dry is from Christ, not just some random overreaching power? Why aren't they learning about Jesus when watching VeggieTales?
Well, the VeggieTales Facebook page recently shared a picture (a room full of kids watching the "new and improved" Bob on a TV screen with wall hanging of Neil Diamond smoking a stogie) that raised some questions and I started doing some research, because you can never be "too informed".... Here's one of many articles I found which solidified my doubts: https://secure.lifespringschool.org/from-veggie-tales-to-whats-in-the-bible-following-phil-vischers-lead/
The VeggieTales stories are not owned and operated by Christians anymore (and haven't been for about 11 years - news to me) which is obvious once you begin dissecting the stories and notice the clear absence of Christ from their stories. They're great for morality and teaching that "God" loves you, so that's all still excellent, and I'll still let my kids watch, but it's our job as parents to ensure that they are filled with stories that teach about Jesus.
Anyway, maybe this isn't news to any of you, but I thought I'd share. I'll be checking out the What's in the Bible? series.
Well, the VeggieTales Facebook page recently shared a picture (a room full of kids watching the "new and improved" Bob on a TV screen with wall hanging of Neil Diamond smoking a stogie) that raised some questions and I started doing some research, because you can never be "too informed".... Here's one of many articles I found which solidified my doubts: https://secure.lifespringschool.org/from-veggie-tales-to-whats-in-the-bible-following-phil-vischers-lead/
Anyway, maybe this isn't news to any of you, but I thought I'd share. I'll be checking out the What's in the Bible? series.

No comments:
Post a Comment