This year has been so amazing! It's unbelievable this is my first post of the year... or sad...
Our son has turned the big O-N-E and our daughter, the founder of the blog, is on her way to THREE!!!
I think about blogging often, and plan on making it a regular activity again, but whenever I have the strength to write, I don't have the time. And when I have the time, I don't have the strength.
I have started another blog: www.twohungryturtles.com to document more of the crafting and baking activities that we have begun, but even my time with that has been sparse.
It's these times when I am able to write, that I have so many things up in my head, it's hard to pick which ones to document... so, let me begin by listing some of the things I've learned in my year as a mother of TWO.
1. Being a mom of two is NOT as hard as people said it would be.
2. Being the wife of my husband is the 2nd greatest gift in the world...
3. The 1st greatest gift is being the mom to his children.
4. Motherhood is a gift... a GIFT.... not a choice.
5. I'm much more aggressive and sensitive about the lives and rights of other children... much more than ever before.
6. The anti-germ obsessions that appeared instantly with the first child, have nearly vanished with the second.
7. A mildly crying baby in a crib at bedtime no longer spurs me to tears.
8. A hysterical baby in a crib continues to fill me with terror wondering what body part is stuck or what kind of diaper is awaiting me.
9. Thumps from the next room that are followed by a cry, are not usually emergencies.
10. Thumps from the next room that are NOT followed by a cry, might be serious.
11. The kids really love each other.
12. Kids can forgive, and ask for forgiveness, a lot easier than most adults.
13. A 2 year old knows that Jesus loves her, and knows that he is a special part of her life. I'm continually amazed by this.
14. Even a 1 yr old misses his own bed.
15. You should never take your 2 year old into a public restroom with you if you don't want to be provided with a play-by-play of your activities. And ALWAYS expect enthusiastic cheering when you're done. :-)
16. Everything gives my daughter nightmares and a kiss heals all wounds.
17. Everything I say gets repeated, everything.
18. NOTHING is better than your child wrapping their arms around you and genuinely saying, "I love you Mom," for no reason at all.
19. The kid that just said she loved you, will look at you right before pushing her brother off a chair.
20. The youngest WILL copy everything... and I mean EVERYTHING his big sister does.
21. Never underestimate the value of a germ-filled Playplace. (Winter in our little town is pretty limiting in terms of indoor locations to burn off energy... however, we do have ONE place where we can climb, run, be generally crazy, and then run home to shower before the germs we've been rolling in make their way into our body. The slides are their favorite!)
22. Close friends are priceless and should be cherished...
Thanks for reading!
Our son has turned the big O-N-E and our daughter, the founder of the blog, is on her way to THREE!!!
| Joel at Grammy's for his 1st birthday party! |
I think about blogging often, and plan on making it a regular activity again, but whenever I have the strength to write, I don't have the time. And when I have the time, I don't have the strength.
| Meme at Joel's first birthday party in Boonville at Breadeaux's Pizza |
I have started another blog: www.twohungryturtles.com to document more of the crafting and baking activities that we have begun, but even my time with that has been sparse.
| The FIRST snow for Joel... |
1. Being a mom of two is NOT as hard as people said it would be.
2. Being the wife of my husband is the 2nd greatest gift in the world...
![]() |
| My Daughter, the Snow Bunny |
3. The 1st greatest gift is being the mom to his children.
4. Motherhood is a gift... a GIFT.... not a choice.
5. I'm much more aggressive and sensitive about the lives and rights of other children... much more than ever before.
6. The anti-germ obsessions that appeared instantly with the first child, have nearly vanished with the second.
8. A hysterical baby in a crib continues to fill me with terror wondering what body part is stuck or what kind of diaper is awaiting me.
9. Thumps from the next room that are followed by a cry, are not usually emergencies.
10. Thumps from the next room that are NOT followed by a cry, might be serious.
11. The kids really love each other.
12. Kids can forgive, and ask for forgiveness, a lot easier than most adults.
13. A 2 year old knows that Jesus loves her, and knows that he is a special part of her life. I'm continually amazed by this.
14. Even a 1 yr old misses his own bed.
15. You should never take your 2 year old into a public restroom with you if you don't want to be provided with a play-by-play of your activities. And ALWAYS expect enthusiastic cheering when you're done. :-)
16. Everything gives my daughter nightmares and a kiss heals all wounds.
17. Everything I say gets repeated, everything.
18. NOTHING is better than your child wrapping their arms around you and genuinely saying, "I love you Mom," for no reason at all.
19. The kid that just said she loved you, will look at you right before pushing her brother off a chair.
20. The youngest WILL copy everything... and I mean EVERYTHING his big sister does.
21. Never underestimate the value of a germ-filled Playplace. (Winter in our little town is pretty limiting in terms of indoor locations to burn off energy... however, we do have ONE place where we can climb, run, be generally crazy, and then run home to shower before the germs we've been rolling in make their way into our body. The slides are their favorite!)
22. Close friends are priceless and should be cherished...
![]() |
| Best Friends |
| My Handsome Little Man |
| The Lights of my life on a particularly pleasant morning |
Thanks for reading!


No comments:
Post a Comment