Friday, April 5th, we made our decision. Next year, I will be an official stay-at-home-mom. The title carries with it a great deal of ... for lack of a better description ... gleeful pressure. Staying at home is an honor and I feel that to earn this great honor, I must live up to some very high expectations. Expectations I have set myself, and expectations that those who can't join me would want to see.
This decision is for my kids, my husband, and me. I want to make sure they know they were worth the sacrifice of the little luxuries we enjoy currently. Most Moms and Dads who work, would give their good arm to be able to raise their children for at least the first few years of their lives. Few are able to make it work, and I hope we can be some of those few. I promise to be deserving of the honor and make good use of the time I have with them. Not only for myself and my family, but for those that can't. I realize how blessed we are to even have a shot at this and it with God's help that this will work. If it works, it's with his grace. If it doesn't work, it's because He's got a better plan for us. Right now we feel faithful that this is His will for us, but only time will tell.
Thank you for your well wishes and the advice I've been given about how to make this adventure a successful one. Your advice and prayers will not be in vain.
I will miss my students during these few years, but my mission lies first with my children and my husband. When God says it's time to go back to the mission field of the classroom, I will go, and I will go with the same gleeful pressure I'm leaving with now. The challenges and adventures of educating other people's children is a mission all its own. I love it almost as much as I love the adventure of educating my own.
When time permits I'll let you know how it's going. The first thing on our to-do list is a trip to the park, and a picnic with the family. Not sure of when it's going to happen, but the basket is anxiously waiting to be dusted off and filled with food.
This decision is for my kids, my husband, and me. I want to make sure they know they were worth the sacrifice of the little luxuries we enjoy currently. Most Moms and Dads who work, would give their good arm to be able to raise their children for at least the first few years of their lives. Few are able to make it work, and I hope we can be some of those few. I promise to be deserving of the honor and make good use of the time I have with them. Not only for myself and my family, but for those that can't. I realize how blessed we are to even have a shot at this and it with God's help that this will work. If it works, it's with his grace. If it doesn't work, it's because He's got a better plan for us. Right now we feel faithful that this is His will for us, but only time will tell.
Thank you for your well wishes and the advice I've been given about how to make this adventure a successful one. Your advice and prayers will not be in vain.
I will miss my students during these few years, but my mission lies first with my children and my husband. When God says it's time to go back to the mission field of the classroom, I will go, and I will go with the same gleeful pressure I'm leaving with now. The challenges and adventures of educating other people's children is a mission all its own. I love it almost as much as I love the adventure of educating my own.
When time permits I'll let you know how it's going. The first thing on our to-do list is a trip to the park, and a picnic with the family. Not sure of when it's going to happen, but the basket is anxiously waiting to be dusted off and filled with food.
1 comment:
So happy for you. I stayed at home until Safire was 4 and I never regretted it!
Post a Comment