Friday, November 4, 2011

6 Years and Counting!

Today marks the first day of our 7th year together.  Jace and I met and started dating exactly 6 years ago today.   


So much has happened in the past 6 years I can hardly believe it!  We've already been married for 4 full years and have a blessed little angel sleeping in the next room.... We are very blessed.  (Luck has had absolutely nothing to do with it.)  


On Being Mom
Becoming a mother has been the most wonderful thing!  Some people call it a sacrifice... and I guess to someone who's never been a mother before, I can understand that.  I used to consider motherhood a sacrifice, until it was looking like I may not become one.  And now, though I've only been a mom for just over a year (counting pre-natal time), I've 'sacrificed' my emotions, rest, sleep, body (in unmentionable ways), modesty, time, recreation activities, finances, job, and social life.  But to call all this a sacrifice would be untrue.  A sacrifice is "something valued that is given up for something else of more importance or worthy."  Compared to my daughter, none of the above has any value whatsoever.  I would have given up a lot more than that to have her in my arms, as would have her father.  What a beautiful expression of Love Alayna is for us!  Here's the greatest part....  We are still deeply in love with each other, and the amount of love we have for our daughter is indescribable.   






On Being Wife
Those of you who are fortunate enough to know my husband, know he is one of the most amazing men the Good Lord ever created.  I have learned so much about what love really means from seeing him live it out in our life.  I will not describe our relationship, since it is a private one, but I will tell you that I believe myself to be the most blessed woman on the planet.  I used to think I was lucky, but realized very soon into this relationship, that luck plays no part of it.  As the song says, "God gave me you."  After 6 years, it's wonderful to know we continue to believe this of each other.

What a great 6 years it has been, and oh how I look forward to the next 60+!



No comments: