Yesterday evening we had a scare and took a trip to the ER. We are ok. I did not have any pain, but bleeding suddenly never gives a pregnant mother a good feeling. Luckily, Jace and I have many people who care a love us and were able to help. We are so fortunate to have amazing friends and family who were in prayer for our safe outcome. Just knowing you were in prayer for us helped me to relax and know that I was in His hands.
Soon after we arrived we were taken to the ultrasound room and were able to see the heart beating and saw his/her legs, tummy, arms, and head. It was a very touching moment knowing that, at least for the time being, our baby was alright. After the ultrasound, and an emergency in the ER with another patient, our doctor returned to let us know what was going on. He said it did not look like we were dealing with something that would threaten a miscarriage. (I hate even saying the m/c word). I'm still not 100% sure exactly what happened, but it seems I ruptured a blood vessel. After a couple hours at the hospital the bleeding had stopped but it took a while to actually go home because the patient who came in with the emergency had been shot and had died.
I will let you know what we learn after our next doctor's appointment on Tuesday. We will meet with our OB and hopefully learn a little bit more about what happened yesterday.
Again, we are so grateful for your prayers and love you all very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment