Monday, March 11, 2013

Welcome Baby Joel!!

In my rush to begin posting pictures if the baptism, I failed to post about his arrival!!!!

Joel was born without epidural and within such a short amount of time that the doctor didn't arrive until just after he was born. They had offered to let me have a shower because they expected a long labor, and after my shower, within 10 minutes, he was here! I would do it all over again if I could! Although I wasn't singing that tune during the overnight labor.

Jason was able to get a wink of sleep here and there throughout the night, and it's a good thing too because he hasn't slept much at all since. He has been an amazing father and husband for us. We would be lost without him.

Joel had a full head of VERY dark hair when he was born. We hope he is able to keep it! His eyes are now turning the most beautiful shade of blue! They will be deep in color, possibly the kind of color his father is blessed with. Green when he wears green, grey with grey, or deep blue with blue. My favorite kind of eyes.

His temperament is persistent. He knows what he wants and he will scream until you figure it out. This takes place several hours a day and at all different times. But, it could be worse. Our son is very healthy, has all his faculties, and a great set of lungs! We couldn't be prouder!!!

Pictures coming soon!

Big sissy is doing well. She only fusses about Joel when I put him down. At that moment she instantly reaches for me and says, "Up!" She is always gentle when she touches him, and she loves to help me burp him. I think she just likes to smack his back... 😏

We are all doing well, in spite of our exhaustion. It helps I know that millions of you have done this before, under worse circumstances and with less support and have amazing children to show for it. You may even still have your sanity.

Thanks for reading!



No comments: