Monday, March 11, 2013

My Funny Family

I knew my family was going to provide me with a lifetime of smiles and giggles when, at bed time, one of the adults in our house said, to my 20-month-old, "We are going to just sit here and be quiet."

My life is going to be filled with amazing stories of silly little kiddies.  Who can't smile at the little pitter-patter of feet on the floor at 9:34pm when bedtime is at 8.  Not funny when you've not been asleep since 3am the previous morning, but hilarious to the person NOT having to get them down for bed.

Other things that I find amusing?  a fork... or as our daughter says... f^*k... I pray she never really knows what she's saying.  We just calmly correct her and help her pronounce the /or/ sound.  While hiding our grins is becoming increasingly difficult, it's also becoming slightly more unnerving that we can't get her to fix her mistake.  Other words are creeping in that ARE NOT ok to use, but she's heard... and yes, we're both guilty, but we're fixing our own behaviors in the process.  It's sorta cute now... but I know it's going to create a bad situation if we can't correct it soon.

The final joy of my night.... watching my daughter stick her hand, or stick, or blanket, etc under the gap in the door when she knows she's supposed to be going to bed.  What's better?  Watching her daddy on the floor in the hallway peeking back at her, spying.  I love my family.  I can't wait until our son has the joy of participating in these amazing experiences... to which I know he'll add 100% to our enjoyment.

Thanks for reading!
God bless!

No comments: