For those of you that may not know, Jace has been taking flying lessons while the gittin's good. One advantage of not having children, is the ability to be spontaneous with your time and do things you might not otherwise do. He has been flying every week and is becoming a real pro, but don't tell him I told you so. He'll just deny it. Tonight they worked on landing with the engine off, stalls, and instrument work. He's up to about 34 hours and has spent a great amount of time studying for the FAA test.
As for me, I'm knee deep in the track and field season. Yesterday was our first track meet and our kids did excellent. I'm very fortunate to be coaching excellent kids this year. Their positive attitudes and joyful personalities make coaching a greater blessing than they will ever know.
School is great as well. My 8th graders (who were my 6th graders when I came to Versailles) are quickly growing into freshmen. They grow so quick, so I am enjoying my opportunity to be their teacher while it lasts... It is fleeting and I want to regret nothing! MAP test is only a couple weeks away! (stupid test.)
I want to post more later with pictures, etc. I hope to use this blog to keep everyone updated regarding our family ties... and tries... It's getting late and my dear hubby is ready for bed.
God bless and good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment